There is scientific truth to the fact that chocolate makes everything better. Chocolate affects your brain by causing the release of the “happiness neurotransmitters” – serotonin, dopamine, and endorphins. Being a mom of 6 boys probably warrants me to be hooked up to an IV drip of chocolate to make all the noise in my house sound a bit more muffled, the appearance of scuffs on the walls to fade a bit and the tripping over scattered legos to not hurt as much.
The basic ingredients are:
Dates which are a natural sweetener and a great source of energy. The fiber in the dates help slow down the effects of the sugar so you don’t experience that crazy sugar rush.
Cocoa powder which gives the yummy chocolate flavor. It also reduces the risk of blood clots, increases blood flow to the arteries, lowers high blood pressure,
Vanilla extract which adds flavor without any extra calories or fat
Flax meal which is high in omega 3s and fiber but low in carbohydrates, helps with weight-loss.
Get super creative with all the different toppings and flavors that you can add to make your own signature chocolate truffles. Try out the recipe below to make your own! Share pictures of your chocolate truffle creations with me on Facebook.
- Healthy Chocolate Truffles
2 cups pitted dates
2 Tbspn cocoa powder
1 Tbspn flax meal
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 tspn cinnamon
1/4 tspn salt
4 ounces melted chocolate for dipping
- coarse sea salt
- coconut flakes
- goji berries
- chopped nuts
- pumpkin seeds
- coconut sugar
- cocoa powder
1. In a food processor mix dates, cocoa powder and flax meal.
2. Add cinnamon and salt.
3. Slowly add the vanilla and mix until a smooth mixture forms.
4. Roll into balls (using a cookie scooper)
5. Lay on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from fridge and dip into melted chocolate. Add toppings of choice.
7. Let truffles set and cool until hardened. Enjoy! Whenever you want something yuuum!
Watch it all come together in less than a minute here. To your health, xxx
Download and print the recipes here: http://bit.ly/2rwCq51